I have just been involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident, what should I do?

First and foremost you should call for an ambulance and the police, it is important that anyone who has been injured seek medical attention immediately.  After you have called for an ambulance, write down the other car’s make, year and license plate number, they may try to leave the scene of the accident.

It is important to try to remain calm, and remember this was an accident.  When you try to approach the other driver they may also be injured or upset, calmly ask them for their name and insurance information and be prepared to give them your information as well.

If you have a camera phone take some pictures of the damage to both vehicles.  Once the police tell you, you can leave the scene, immediately call us the lawyers, of Garnick & Toll so we can help you navigate the insurance companies properly to ensure to get all of the benefits you are entitled to.

What should I do if I am in a Slip and Fall Accident?

The first thing you want to do is report the incident to someone on the premises.  If you are in a store or other type of commercial property ask to fill out an incident report.  Make sure you are not signing a WAIVER of any type and ask for a copy of the form before you leave.

It is also important to take down the name, address and contact information for the person you gave the report to.  After you leave the location, contact us, the lawyers of Garnick & Toll so we can protect your rights and make sure you get the compensation you deserve.

Garnick Toll